Why Alta Mira
Alta Mira is a place for healing and rejuvenation, blending a unique variety of clinical and holistic techniques designed to reconnect you to your body, mind and spirit.
The moment you step onto the Alta Mira property you will feel an incredible healing energy, and gain a sense of peace and tranquility. Our unique and comprehensive treatment program can help you regain your life, find your own path to recovery, repair broken relationships and live a more productive, happy life.
Here are a few of the core elements that distinguish us from other high-end centers:
- We are located in a spectacular, serene and healing environment, surrounded by beauty, with panoramic views of the beautiful San Francisco Bay.
- We offer a comprehensive and intensive assessment, evaluation and diagnosis period, which enables our multidisciplinary clinical and medical team to develop a customized treatment plan for each and every client.
- We conduct extensive cognitive, psychological and neuropsychological testing for all of our clients. Our program neuropsychologist spends 10-20 hours with every client determining if there are any psychological issues contributing to a client’s addiction or preventing a durable and long lasting recovery.
- We offer SPECT brain scans for certain clients if it is clinically and/or medically indicated.
- We have a highly credentialed clinical team, including 6 full time staff members with doctoral degrees.
- Our Chair of Addiction Medicine has 45 years of experience in the addiction medicine field and is a Fellow and Past President of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM).
- We offer clients a minimum of three individual therapy sessions and several process groups every week.
- We have developed an innovative and unique “brain healthy” treatment curriculum that focuses on biological, psychological, social and spiritual healing, and encompasses two and a half hours of didactic and experiential programming every day.
- We offer a broad menu of holistic services that promote health and healing, including acupuncture, massage, yoga, tai chi, music and art therapy, and Native American sweat lodge ceremonies, to name a few.
- We provide treatment seven days per week, not just Monday through Friday.
- Most of our accommodations are single rooms with private or semi-private bathrooms.
- We offer onsite detoxification services with 24 hour nursing and medical care.
- We include the family and referral source in our evaluation, treatment and discharge planning. We believe that outside support is crucial for long term recovery.
- We offer comprehensive discharge planning and free lifetime aftercare. Clients who successfully complete treatment can return to the program four times a year for no cost treatment “tune-ups.”